Coming Soon DDD

Welcome to Drift!

This section will contain our news, announcements, staff info, faction info, and important links. It is currently Under Construction! Our site, however, is open for role-play. Come join our Discord and chat with us!

Coming Soon AAA

Season

Summer

The sun is shining and the air is warm almost all over Drift. Treakr to the north is dropping in temperature in preparation for the winter freeze, while the forested jungle territories to the south remain hot and uncomfortable. The central territories are seeing the dry season slowly coming to an end, though the rainy season is still at a bit of a distance and prey have wandered off to the more fruitful territories for the foreseeable future.

Coming Soon CCC

User Tag List

Thread: Irony [Paradox]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Irony [Paradox]

It was getting late, but the darkness had never truly bothered her. At first she was nothing more than a what seemed to be a gigantic pale statue with hints of orchid pink here and there, but every once in a while the supposed statue would move to lift lightly and then fall slowly back down. Her breathing was peaceful and incredibly slow, and perhaps if it had belonged to any other creature one would think they would be dead. But the dragon was simply dozing, and after several minutes her head slowly lifted. It was not uncommon for her to struggle to sleep most nights, and as she had not chosen to return to Treakr and the dark dens in the cliffs there, she was not as comfortable as she could have been. Then again, who really was a threat to her here? Slowly her pink eyes opened, blinking lazily as she took her time to yawn and stretch. The sun had already set past the horizon, but there were faint colors stretching out across the skies over her that created a beautiful watercolor painting that she could observe. But this was something she had seen millions of times over the years. She watched it for a moment, noting the birds flying overhead to return to their nests for the night and the nocturnal creatures slowly making their way out to hunt and forage.

Everything was seemingly in it's place and proper. But Genesis knew better. She had created the beings that roamed their world, but she knew that they did not remain untouched or unaltered. Paradox was to blame, but unlike Zoldor she did not resent the male dragon for it. Sure, she did not typically agree with his methods, but she had been known to take on a lower beast's form once in a while to move about her creations. In fact, as the thought crossed her mind she stretched carefully, using her powers to alter her size down so that she was perhaps the height of one of the pine trees nearby. She was still much larger than any creature that might come across her - except for her male counterparts, of course - but she could move around more easily without crushing anything she stepped near. She allowed her eyes to roam across the water to the rocky peak that was the unique island that gave the cliffs their name. If she wanted to she could fly to it, landing gracefully on the tip of the peak and balancing carefully. She had before, but that night did not find her adventurous. At least not yet anyways. Instead allowed her eyes to return to the forest behind her, searching for any sign that she might not be alone or that the location's namesake had visited recently.

It had been some time since she had seen either of the other dragons, but she knew they were around somewhere. No doubt Zoldor was flying about their creation ensuring that nothing was out of place, and perhaps Paradox was running about where Zoldor had just visited to move things out of place once more. She smirked slightly and shook her head at the thought, feeling as if the two males would never cease their disagreements and arguing. But that was simply how they were, and after hundreds of years, who was she really to try and change them? She had given up on that long ago, and she was not about to start up with it again. When it counted they were all able to come together, and that was all that mattered. Plus, she hardly wished to spend time with both of them at the same time. Though she loved them both dearly, they were often too much to handle together. As her thoughts drifted back to the darkness that surrounded her, her head tilted slightly so that her mane shifted across her neck and fell towards the ground nearby. She had laid down once more, with her long tail wrapped around her and the tip flicking fur back and forth in front of her front paws. Not more than perhaps twenty yards away scurried a creature she had not seen before, and a small sigh left her slightly parted jaws. "Oh Paradox, when will you stop toying with my creations?" But the words were spoken into the dark night air and not truly meant to be sent to their intended target. She knew he would not change, and perhaps a small part of her always looked forward to seeing what new creature or mischief he could come up with next.

( @Paradox )
    Origin Dragon | Female | 300 ft | 140,000 lbs (Can shift size)
    May 1st, 1000BD (before crystal landing) | Biography

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    4 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Re: Irony [Paradox]

Perhaps it made him vain, but Paradox found a conceited sort of glee to continuously return to the cliffs that were named in his likelihood. Something about soaring over them, weaving in and out of the jagged spires at a speed that made him breathless, knowing that the lovely but potentially lethal crags had been named after him…well. It made him puff with pride and exhilaration, the scales along his spine bristling just slightly with glee. Unfortunately the crags did not hold his exquisite coloration - each scale a deep forest green to start with, before tapering in a gradient to a brilliant bronze-gold; but beggars could not be choosers, he supposed.

Even as the sun set, robbing him of its pleasurable warmth, the darkness settling around him, he did not harness an ounce of worry for his risky maneuvers. His eyesight was marvelous, shifting with the light, his pupils constricting and lending him the scent that others might have been robbed of in the darkness. And it was only once he drew well and truly bored of his spiraling that he banked and shifted into a leisurely glide that brought him closer and closer to the mortal confines of the earth.

He landed with an almighty shudder that he was sure those around him would feel – but worry was the last thing on his mind, as per usual. He had nothing to fear here, besides potentially Zoldor’s ire once he realized what Paradox had been up to lately. But truly, could Zoldor – or anyone – blame him? It was in his nature to grow relentlessly bored with his surroundings until he inevitably began upsetting balance that Zoldor sought to maintain, or to shift himself and participate in the creation of creatures who Genesis had not crafted herself. Zoldor, however, was the one Paradox truly set out to irritate; his meddling with Genesis’ creatures was more for his own entertainment and pleasure, with no true intent to rile her.

Speaking of – Genesis. His nostrils flared as his wings tucked close to his side, scales catching briefly on the membranes of them before smoothing to allow them seamless melding. He was less preoccupied with that, however, and more focused on the smell of her as it reached him, unmistakable. His head turned instinctively towards it, golden eyes flashing as he peered deeper into the forest at his back. There would be no navigating it without ruining it at his current size, and so Paradox shifted down, down, until he peaked just slightly above the trees. He clamored through the forest then, using gentle claw-tipped wings and paws to propel him deeper within, following her smell.

She was not far ahead, proven not only by her scent but her voice, reaching him as he sidled towards her. A roguish laugh escaped him, the scales beneath his throat glowing from within as his maw heated, smoke curling from his nostrils. It was not a threat – it was a physical sign of his reckless amusement, though he knew perfectly well how to keep it contained until he no longer wished to. He slid from the shelter of the forest to find her curled before him, mane settled serenely around her as she gazed at one of his newest creations. His maw twitched, revealing a flash of teeth that served as a smile as he fondly beheld the distant form.

”Never, of course. You can’t deny that it has an unworldly sense of beauty about it, no?” That was how he viewed all of what he concocted. Chaotic and reckless and sometimes strange, yes…but beautiful. There was charm in disorder, undeniable and unquenchable for him. ”Not my favorite, but it is so hard to choose at times. I prefer to think of it as me enhancing your creations, dear Genesis.”

Origin Dragon | Male | 400 ft | 152,000 lbs (Changes when shifted)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

She had felt the earth quake upon his landing, but she did not expect Paradox to come directly to her. Instead she was pleasantly surprised with a response to her question, and she offered him a small smile along with a sigh and a shake of her head. "All life is beautiful in one way or another." She said softly, uncurling slowly and pushing herself up onto her claws. She stood close to the darker male's height, but she still remained somewhat smaller than him. Perhaps it was a preference of hers or simply just a habit, but it truly did not matter. Neither Paradox or Zoldor would ever harm her, so she did not worry about it for a single moment. She then moved towards him, gently huffing a small cloud of cold breath at his face. It would not harm him at all, but it would perhaps create a rather odd sensation when combined with the heat in his jaws that the smoke coming from his nostrils advertised. She did not stop her movement until she was directly in front of him and when she finally stopped she lifted her nose slightly to nuzzle at his chin gently.

"Just don't let Zoldor catch you playing with them." She said, shaking her head slightly before bringing her tail around and flicking the feathery tip against his front claw as she lowered herself to sit in front of him. "I would ask what you have been up to, but I have a feeling I already know." She teased, offering him a small smile before she breathed in deeply. When she exhaled she shifted to an even smaller size, bringing her down to perhaps the size of an average leopard. She was considerably smaller than him now, and she smirked as she spread her wings and lifted up into the air to land herself on top of his head playfully. She had been lonely, she would admit it, and he had just given her the perfect opportunity to find some entertainment now that the cliff life around them had seemingly tucked away for the night.

( @Paradox )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    4 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Ah, it was good to see her.

A low hum of pleasure rumbled up from the depths of his chest, reverberating through his throat as she turned the full force of her gentle smile upon him, her soft voice tickling the canals of his ears. He could agree with her on her sentiment; all life was beautiful, even the life he created, though the basis of his constructions were crafted by her – and without the lovely things that she made, his own constructs would have been failures. He could not help but to smile indulgently at her as she slid towards him, and when her cool breath washed across his face, his snout curled and her snorted in mock indignation.

She eased the imaginary ire a moment later with a butt of her head against his chin, and he allowed himself a moment to tuck his head closer to her. Paradox was, in his own terminology, a smug bastard; he enjoyed nothing more than toying with others, irritating Zoldor, and generally being a pain in the rump. But when it came to Genesis, he always found himself soft and easier to deal with. Less ill-mannered – for the most part. Nothing could ever truly change the nature of him, but she tempered it.

At her next statement he snorted, smoke spiraling heavily from his nostrils. ”Let Zoldor catch me,” he murmured tauntingly – more-so directed at the idea of Zoldor rather than at her. ”At last I’d have a bit of true fun.” But he left it there, knowing she did not like to be in the midst of their squabbles. His maw twisted again into a wider grin as she shifted down to perch atop his skull, and he playfully shook his cranium – not enough to truly dislodge her, but enough to send her slightly stumbling if she was not careful. ”I’d say that I’m unpredictable, but it seems as if you know me too well for that. I admit, though, that I’ve grown horribly bored.” At times he would go years without truly seeing them, years spent chasing after Zoldor to undo his progress or mingling with Genesis’ creatures to form new beings, all whilst never seeing a glimpse of the two. And though he would never admit it, sometimes that rankled Paradox, set him on edge.

”What of you? Sometimes I find that I’ve spent so long creeping after Zoldor that I fear I’ve neglected to keep tabs on you.”

Origin Dragon | Male | 400 ft | 152,000 lbs (Changes when shifted)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

As he shook his head with enough carefulness to not completely dislodge her, she rewarded him with a soft laugh as her wings lifted her into the air once more. But she did not really need her wings to fly, and they both knew it. Her magic was strong, just as the magic that both Paradox and Zoldor shared as well. "There was a plague on a forest in the west. I cleansed it, but I do not yet know the origin of the disease." She said softly, landing carefully on his head once more before shaking her head and sighing softly. Her form then shifted to resemble one of her own creations, a feline like beast with no wings, but soft and silky fur that mirrored her normal pink and white coloring. Then she leaped off his nose, landing gracefully on the ground below even though it was truly quite a far drop.

But she was unharmed, and she sat down to curl her leopard-like tail around her form so that the tip twitched back and forth in front of her. "Other than that, I admit that I have been rather bored myself." She said, tilting her head slightly to the side and up so that she could look up at his face with her orchid pink eyes. "It has been a while since I lived like one of my creations." Her voice was playful and held a hint of slyness, but she smiled up at him and lifted a paw to 'groom' herself before she continued. "Or like one of yours." She continued her grooming for a few moments longer before she stood up on all four of her paws, stretching her front legs out in front of her and arching her back down so that she was stretched in a 'bow' position. Then she stood again and smirked, before bounding off towards the trees.

( @Paradox )