Welcome to Drift!

This section will contain our news, announcements, staff info, faction info, and important links. It is currently Under Construction! Our site, however, is open for role-play. Come join our Discord and chat with us!

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

User Tag List

Thread: Power and Grace [Open]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Power and Grace [Open]

It was early in the day, but over the hundreds of years she had lived, she still did not quite have a sleep schedule of any kind. She did not see much of a point, and though she had slept the night before it had not been very long. Her pale wings stretched wide out on either side of her enormous form as she flew across the terrain of Drift, orchid pink eyes stretched over the terrain until she noticed something that she was not exactly pleased about. Disease, it was plain and clear as it spread across the creatures and the greenery below her. She could not tell what it was, but immediately a fire full of fury raced through her chest. Though she was not boasting her full size - which rivaled that of the mountain ranges immediately to the east - she was still quite large in comparison to the area around her. Her wings folded close to her form, her nose tipping towards the ground until she was diving straight down towards the ground where the slightly glowing green color had stretched. She landed carefully, her talons cutting into the clean earth only a few yards from where the disease started. Her growl was fierce, but her eyes did not carry anger. Instead there was pain and hurt within them, and for several moments she just watched the destruction before her.

Then, almost without warning, she screamed. The sound was not without purpose, for it hurt her almost as much as it hurt her creation to see what was happening. Along with the sound, a powerful cloud of energy left her jaws, pale blue in color as it stretched quickly out above the green-stained ground before her. It reached around dying trees, circled around crying creatures, and engulfed the entirety of the poisonous reach of whatever it was that had harmed her world. The blue coated everything, and for several moments she continued to blow it over the ground and trees. Then she inhaled, taking it all back up towards herself, and where the blue had touched, no disease or damage remained. The cloud quickly took on the sickly green color, swirling darker and darker until it was nearly black as she took it back into her lungs. Her body trembled as it re-entered her, for she knew that it could not remain outside of her any longer.

Her fur darkened, the pale white and pink becoming a darker grey and red, almost changing her appearance completely. But those orchid pink eyes remained, as as soon as she no longer had fog to breath in, a painful growl rumbled in her chest. Then she fell to the ground, her head resting on the soft grass that she had just rescued. Outwardly, other than the color change in her coat and wings, she seemed fine. However, she trembled slightly, her eyes squeezed closed as the pain and suffering that had been upon her creation was now stretching violently through her. Several minutes passed and eventually she lifted her head, the motion appearing weak and immensely painful. Then, as her nose tipped towards the skies, a dark red flame shot violently from her jaws and ugly black smoke drifted towards the scars. Then her head dropped, her jaws parted and panting as the remnants of the smoke rose from her nostrils and eventually disappeared completely. Her coat shifted again, lightening and softening, taking back on her normal colors as her breathing smoothed and her trembling finally stopped.

(open to anyone that would like to encounter Genesis!)
    Origin Dragon | Female | 300 ft | 140,000 lbs (Can shift size)
    May 1st, 1000BD (before crystal landing) | Biography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    28 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Re: Power and Grace [Open]

It had been a few days since the female and her now official mate, an idea she was still getting used to simply because in her past she had never been able to picture herself acquiring a proper mate much less one that she was more than happy to be claimed by, had decided to settle down together and start their own pack. The idea had startled her at first, but after agreeing to stay with Cronus and be his as much as he would be hers, the quiet worries and fears of starting their own pack dissipated and became a sort of excitement. They could create the world that they believed ideal for their kind and who would be better to run it than the two of them themselves? No one else of course... and with the idea of starting their pack in mind, the tri-colored canine had decided to explore the areas that surrounded the place that they would be claiming as their home. She was lost in thought as she went, her senses alert but her mind going over the ideals for their empire, what sort of laws they would push... everything that went into making a pack run and run well, when a loud noise caught her attention.

The noise had been a loud scream, a sound unlike anything she had ever heard before... and what did the lupus decide to do? Investigate it, of course. Myrina took off at a slow trot in the direction the sound had come from, nose twitching as she took in the far off, sickening smell of disease and ears pricked to catch any more sounds that may find their way to her. Just as she was about to come to where she suspected the scream had come from, she saw a turret of red flames shoot toward the skies followed closely by curls of black smoke. She slowed her pace as she approached, now much more cautious of coming upon whatever it was that had emitted such a scream and created such awful looking fire and smoke... and she could hardly believe her eyes.

Myrina watched as the giant creature transformed before her, colors shifting from dark greys and red to a much softer pink and white... the female had only heard tales as a pup about these creatures, and yet here she was. Myrina crouched slightly as she approached, extra careful to keep her head and tail low, trying to look as least threatening as possible. She was awestruck though, she had no words to speak... any other day she felt she would have had a million questions for the other being... but not now, not when she was in her presence, and yet she still couldn't believe what she was seeing... surely she had hit her head recently, or perhaps she was dreaming? She didn't want to make a fool of herself... so she waited patiently, quietly... wondering how the other would react to her presence, should she make herself known? Approach further? No... she was already mere yards away... she shouldn't get any closer without an invitation, and so... she waited.

( @Genesis )

190 lbs. | Noctua Empire Empress | Mate to Cronus | Physical

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Her head lifted slowly, white horns that twisted backwards towards her neck and ears tilted as her pink eyes made their way over to the small form of a canine that had appeared from the trees. It appeared that this one had not come in contact with whatever the poison had been in the area, but at the same time she seemed somewhat familiar with the place they now stood. Did she live in the area? It had been so long since she had allowed herself to walk among her creations and interact with them that it pained her to realize she did not even know those that walked upon Drift. Her neck arched gracefully as she looked down at the small female, and after a few moments she exhaled the remainder of the black smoke from her nostrils and lowered her head slightly. "Hello, my child." She said softly, though her voice seemed to almost echo around them because of her size. The lupus seemed frozen, almost as if in awe of the massive dragon before her. So, instead of continuing to tower so greatly above her and preferring to be closer to her level when she spoke, she shifted slightly once more. She still remained much larger than the lupus female, but her shoulders no longer matched the height of the trees around them. Instead they were perhaps half the height of the nearest tree, with her head easily reaching the tops if she chose to lift it to the full length.

Instead she settled herself back on her haunches, letting her furred tail curl into a semicircle beside her while the feathered tip rested motionless on the ground. "I am Genesis, mother of Drift." She said, finding no other way to describe herself. She had created all life that walked upon the ground they stood on, flew in the air, and swam in the seas. Although she had not directly created this female before her, she had most definitely brought her distant ancestors to life. "What is your name?" She asked, lowering her head and neck slowly so that she was closer to the other female's level. Her pale pink eyes were soft, gentle, almost loving as she spoke. "Does this form frighten you?" She asked after a few moments of silence, before she took a deep breath and as she exhaled her entire form was surrounded by pale grey-pink smoke. When it cleared she stood where she had been sitting before, but this time in the form of an abnormally large Lupus. Her tail was long and flowing like the mane of one of the equine species, while her fur was pale white and tipped with light orchid in places across her form. She was not quite as large as before, and yet she still towered over the female that she now sat in front of.

"I must say, I have always been fond of the Lupus form." She said quietly, her voice no longer echoing around them. It was easier to speak with her creations in her smaller forms, and she found that most were intimidated by her in her dragon form. If only the little female had seen her full size. A small smile crept across her muzzle as the thought crossed her mind, but she did not wish to frighten the lupus to death or accidentally crush her. As it had been so long since she had last spoken to one of her creations she found herself wanting to speak again, but she instead fell silent, allowing the other female the chance to finally speak if she wished to. After all, she was certain that her power alone would be enough to frighten the lupus into silence until she was requested to speak again. However, Genesis meant no harm, and she had no intention of scaring the little female away. At least not yet anyways.

( @Myrina )

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    28 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

"I am speech" I am thought

The petite female found herself entranced by the large creature…Myrina had heard stories, mainly from her mother of course, as a child about the great creator, about the dragons that molded and cared for everything in Drift. Of course as she had grown she had believed them to be fairy tales, stories passed down from generation to generation to entrance and entertain young minds and now she stood before one of them and she could barely believe her eyes. Her ears pricked forward as the creature spoke to her, ‘Hello, my child.’ the sound was feminine and powerful, loud and echoing around her most likely due to the sheer size of her. She felt a lump catch in her throat but she managed a small, “Hello,” that for any mortal being would have been too soft for them to hear. The young canine had found very few things in her life that frightened her, and while she did not necessarily feel scared of the dragon she was certainly in shock, and then she couldn’t believe what she saw, but the grey and pink dragon actually shrunk.

Myrina watched silently as the dragon sat back on her haunches, even in her smaller size she towered to almost the trees’ height! The lupus female was still in shock and awe of actually being in the presence of such a powerful creature, and the tri-colored canine was almost ashamed at her silent she was being… or perhaps the dragon would take it as a sign of respect? ‘I am Genesis, mother of Drift.’ At this statement, the young female’s eyes grew slightly wider in shock… not only was she in the presence of a dragon, but it was in fact one of the Creators! Myrina instinctively lowered her gaze but answered respectfully, “I am Myrina Noctua, Genesis… and it is an honor to meet you!” she said as calmly as she could, despite her form now slightly shaking with excitement, her tail that had been relaxed behind her was now excitedly wagging behind her. The dragon’s next question baffled her simply because she didn’t know how to respond, but before she had the chance to she saw a plume of greyish pink smoke engulf the dragon and when the clouds of smoke dissipated she saw a giant lupus form where the dragon had just been.

Myrina’s tail flicked slightly in curiosity, head tilted to one side as she studied the lupine form that the Creator had taken, “I had grown to think the stories my mother told me were legends, bedtime stories to get pups to sleep…” she said aloud, as if thinking to herself, “I never thought that I… of all lupus would… I didn’t think…” the normally confident female found herself rambling through her thoughts in the surprise she faced at seeing the dragon, “I-I-I’m beyond honored, Genesis… I truly am.” she said with a bow of her head, “Why are you here? To what do I owe your presence?”

( @Genesis )

Source

190 lbs. | Noctua Empire Empress | Mate to Cronus | Physical

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    18 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

The dragoness in lupus form smiled, listening to the young female stutter and struggle to find her words. It was flattered how flustered the mortals became when one of them appeared, but she was glad that the lupus did not flee in fear of her. Instead she spoke of her mother, and the giant female's smile only grew slightly. She was glad the creatures still told stories of the dragons and the past, for she and the others had not shown themselves frequently in quite some time. She had been watching this female - and her now mate - for quite some time, and though it had taken her weeks to decide, she was certain that she had chosen the right creature for the duty she needed performed. However, she did not speak of such things right away. Instead she lowered herself into a laying position, crossing her pale paws in front of her in a relaxed fashion as her tail rested peacefully beside her. "There was a plague on this land. A disease that I do not know the origin of. Though I shall be investigating the source further." She said, frowning as she spoke. She had taken care of the immediate problem, but she needed to know where it had originated so that she could ensure it would not spread.

Then her expression softened and she exhaled slowly. With the exhale came warmth, though no fire. It surrounded them both, soothing Genesis's tense muscles and hopefully relaxing the little female as well. "Myrina, I have a request, of you." She said softly, lowering her head and bringing it slightly closer to the female as her voice grew quieter. But it would still be quite clear to the other female, and Genesis did not worry that she would not be heard. The wind whistled and blew around them, rustling the trees and carrying the songs of the birds past them. But where her warmth had spread, no air moved, no sound disrupted them. It was peaceful, calm, and still. "As I search for the source of this disease, this must be cared for and delivered to the Physical Crystal in the mountains of your home." She said, carefully pulling what appeared to be a large brown and grey egg from behind her form. How she had carried it there was not explained, and she truly had no intention to mention it. When she carefully placed the egg in front of Myrina, it shifted and wriggled slightly, but otherwise nothing happened.

Genesis smiled warmly at the unborn creature, who's egg stood easily several inches taller than the lupus in front of her. "Within lies Vedeir. He was created by Zoldor himself, to guard the Physical Crystal and the powers it bestows. He shall become what your kind may consider a 'god' of those given Physical powers. Like yourself, and your mate." She said, tilting her head slightly as she pushed herself up onto her paws and moved forward so that she could see the little female more easily over the egg. As she moved closer she breathed out warmth once more, this time directly onto the egg in front of her. As the warmth surrounded it, the egg wriggled again, a single crack splitting the shell slowly at the top. From that crack sprang several more, threading down the length of two sides before a talon broke through the bottom half of the shell. Then at the top, the spine of a nose, then several more, until a young brown dragon tumbled to the ground between them. He was large for a newborn creature, standing perhaps four or five inches taller than Myrina herself, and after several moments of struggling to his feet, he opened his eyes and lifted his long head to look at the two females that stood over him. "Welcome to Drift, young Vedeir." Genesis said, lowering her large head to nuzzle the still somewhat wet creature. His scales shone with the slime from the egg, but it was clear that as he grew they would retain a rather dull and earth-like brown color.

Then the dragoness looked up at Myrina. "He will grown and learn quickly, and before you know it he will seem much older and wiser than you can imagine. But for the first few months of his life, he will be weak and vulnerable. He cannot make the journey on his own." She said, sitting down next to the small dragon and swiping her tongue across his form. She cleaned him rather easily, and he grunted and squealed in joy and eagerness the whole time. Then his brown eyes focused on the lupus female that Genesis spoke to. It was clear he already knew of her importance, and yet he waited for her to answer the dragoness before he would move towards her. It was almost as if he had heard the entirety of their conversation, as if he had understood it. And yet he did not speak, for such ability was still beyond him for the time being. "Will you do this for me, Myrina Noctua?" His eyes moved back to Genesis as she spoke again, and he cooed softly in adoration before looking back at Myrina expectantly once more.

( @Myrina Noctua )