Welcome to Drift!

This section will contain our news, announcements, staff info, faction info, and important links. It is currently Under Construction! Our site, however, is open for role-play. Come join our Discord and chat with us!

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

User Tag List

Thread: Survival [Izel]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    9 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Survival [Izel]

The sun was high in the sky with little cloud coverage. It would be a hot day for awhile yet. Hot or not it was beautiful and life flourished everywhere as young grew and old taught. Wildlife was bountiful and full to the brim with various colors, shapes and sizes. Two forms were racing across the grasses in a blur, sending birds high in the sky with alarmed cries and hares darting for their burrows. Juno's heart raced hard in her chest, she panted as she ran with the wind in her face. Gray eyes focused on the doe she was chasing while it fled from her in terror. She caught a whiff of Diardi, several Diardi scent markers as they must have slipped into the territory in their life and death dance. She didn't care, she was close to catching this doe and would just drag her back out of the territory if she had to.

She needed this meat as every day she grew heavier in her pregnancy. Which was slowing her down now as she hissed in frustration as the doe made a sharp turn, catching her by surprise but she was relentless as she kicked up dart and darted after it. "Damn it! Come here!" She roared, startling the surrounding area even more with her presence. Some vultures were now curious about her hunt and were circling the area. Waiting for the kill and feast so that when she left, they could pick at the leftovers. Not that Juno would allow it, she was going to reserve every scrap of this kill for herself. Try and drag it up a tree if she had to. Whatever the costs to keep it to herself. If she could ever catch the damn thing!

Juno's heart felt like it was going to burst inside her as she followed her prey up along a hill, oh she wanted to mangle it's pretty little neck for dragging her up this way. But then her luck changed as the doe tripped on something, she wasn't sure what. Probably some animal burrow that was hidden by the grasses. She didn't care, it didn't matter as she lunged but the uphill chase disorientated her. She hit the doe, but that was about it as her claws barely scraped fur. Her teeth nipped shoulder and they both went rolling down the hill in a tangled mess of fur, claws and hoof. Yowling, Juno could only close her eyes and wince as they hit the bottom hard. Both startled and winded, Juno panted as she winced in trying to get back up quickly to overpower her prey. The doe staggered back to its willowy limbs and bolted, Juno roaring as she scrambled up and after it even through pain jarring up her left back leg.

( @Izel )

Diardi | Female | 54 in | 262 lbs
    November 20th, 2016 | Biography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    23 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)
    Items Unlisted Coat Color
Gift received at 10-27-2019, 12:23 PM from The Creator

Re: Survival [Izel]

The diardi male had decided that their territory was more safe enough for him to trust Mint to her own devices within their territory for a short time… he knew the other two males had already marked their borders with their scent and he felt it was only right for him to add his own to the mix… soon their scents would intermingle better into a single pride scent and it would not be necessary for each of them to mark the borders, but for now… the more males any lone brutes looking to cause trouble knew there was in the territory, the less likely any harm was to come to his sweet little Mint, and that was truly all the purple-hued male was concerned about… her safety. So it had been early that morning that the male had awoken to go mark the borders with his own musk, but an otherwise event-less morning got interesting as he came upon the intruding scent of a stranger. Izel followed the scent at a trot, wondering if the female knew or cared that she had crossed marked borders… it was not until he saw her cresting a hill as she chased down a doe that he realized two things… the first was that the female was pregnant… very pregnant in fact, and the second was the fact that she was trying to hunt in her state.

Where normally the male would have confronted the female about her crossing borders without calling out to those that laid claim to the territory, he realized rather suddenly that if the pregnant female was hunting for herself and by herself… it likely meant the father of her cubs was not in the picture. Izel’s fur bristled with the thought… yet he did not know the story and would not know until he talked to the pale coated female, who was only a little bit larger than Mint. He watched from afar as the doe tripped and was almost caught, he crouched as he watched the doe’s desperate change of direction as the female continued to give chase… he waited as the doe headed directly toward his hiding place and when she realized, far too late, that another set of eyes was upon her she tried to dart to his right. Izel sprung into action and in only a handful of long strides he managed to sink his claws into the doe’s rear and take her down. With a ferocious growl the young male closed his jaws around her throat and killed her in an instance, the doe’s body immediately limp in his jaws. He turned to face the pale coated feline and padded toward her but stopped and dropped the freshly killed doe a few body lengths from her, “I don’t normally gift trespassers with food… but you seem desperate for it, enough so to ignore our markers... and you did the most work for it.” he said lowly, baritone vocals level as he spoke.

He took a few steps back from the kill, signalling to her that she was clear to eat it that he would not take it from her. At a safe distance away, he sat on his haunches and watched her. Would she run from him? Would she take the doe and drag it away? Would another come to her rescue? He didn’t know what would happen… but he hoped she accepted his help, at any rate. “Why are you hunting? Someone else should be doing that for you considering you’re carrying new life.” he mused, head tilted slightly to one side as he continued to study her.

( @Juno )

Male x Diardi x 4 years x Single x Assyr King
    62" x 350 lbs. || Biography

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    9 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Juno thought the doe was going to get away from her, she would have cried had it done so as she had stalked the herd for well over a day. In her obvious state, hunting wasn't easy for her. She had to be extraordinarily careful or risk being harmed and hurting the little ones who were almost ready for the world at last. A truth that Juno wasn't sure how she felt about given the state of things. But those horrible buried thoughts came rushing back to the surface as she came sliding to a clawed halt when a flash of purple caught her line of sight and suddenly the doe was dead and her worst nightmare stood before her. Kaspien, he has come back to haunt her, to blame her for his death because she had been too stubborn to go to high ground. Devastated that their intended den site was a waste because it was right in the middle of flood lands. He died because she wasn't a strong swimmer. He died because she wasn't good enough and now he's come back to prove it.

She stood there frozen as the male before her spoke, not realizing that while yes his primary coat color was the same hue as her late mate, he had white paws instead of black. He had speckles where her mate had had spots. The height was the same, the baritone of his voice the same. To her it was Kaspien as he dragged the kill towards her to rub it in her face that she had not been able to capture it on her own and that was why her cubs would die. Those were the kind of words she heard being spat into her face as Izel stopped a few good lengths away, just out of her reach, further taunting her. She began to shake her head as tears burned their way into her eyes, gleefulness to see Kaspien was replaced with disgust as she suddenly roared out and barreled toward Kaspien. Her paws swung out heavily as she all but shrieked, fur bristling and tail lashing as fury and grief clouded her gaze.

"I don't need your help! You're the one who died, not me! Don't you dare come back and blame me for all of this. I didn't know the land would flood! I didn't mean, I didn't mean. I-KASPIEN!" She bellowed as she tried to box and swipe at Izel's face, mane and chest. She was striking out blindly to slap and cuff him. A sob wrecked her chest. "Why are you here?! Why?! Why are you doing this to me?! I loved you!" She wailed, heart still pounding from her chase, her breaths short and ragged. She couldn't breathe, her heart was literally trying to claw its way out of her chest as she wept. "You can't have them, you can't. You can't take them from me, I won't let you!" She snapped her jaws, not sure where she was trying to bite. She couldn't even see she was so blinded by her tears. She tried to pounce to get on top of Kaspien, not caring if it was futile and she wouldn't be able to get him down, she had to try and save her cubs.

( @Izel )

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    23 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)
    Items Unlisted Coat Color
Gift received at 10-27-2019, 12:23 PM from The Creator

Izel was watching the new female carefully while also keeping his ears alert to the sounds of any more possible intruders… he could tolerate a female, particularly one that was pregnant… but if her mate were to also be intruding, it would not bode well for the pair. They may have only recently claimed the lands as their own, but the scent markers were fresh and easy to detect… he understood intruding briefly to catch ones query, as seemed to be the case for this female, but to openly intrude without so much as calling those that claimed this place for their own? That was outright disrespect and Izel would not put up with it. His attention became solely focused on the smaller feline when she started shaking her head, would she refuse the meal now that he was the one that caught it? Before he could insist that she take it though she started to attack him… or, tried to at least. He was careful to stay out of her reach, but his lips curled and bared his teeth as the fur on his spine bristled and his own tail began to lash in agitation, he was beginning to regret being kind to this intruder when he noticed that while he saw anger in her eyes he could also see a deep sadness.

Just as Izel was about to try to speak, he heard her own words. The pain and anger he could hear in her shrieks nearly broke the brute’s heart… her mate had died, and by the sounds of it the female blamed herself for what had happened. Regardless of her pain though, the purple male would not allow himself to be used as a punching bag for the hurting mother-to-be and did his best to stay out of reach despite her constant attempts to claw him, and though he did not succeed to completely avoid them, the evidence in the scratches he now had along one of his cheeks and a few tufts of his mane now on the ground beneath them, he managed to avoid the worst of her strikes. “I am not who you think I am!” his deep, baritone notes rumbled and a growl followed as she leapt and tried to bring him down. Izel roared in pain at the feeling of her sharp claws digging into his side but in her frantic actions he hoped her grip was not strong as he turned his head far enough to grab at the short mane around her neck, powerful jaws closing his teeth around her scruff to pull her off of him without slinging her too hard as he tried to remain mindful of her pregnancy, “I am Izel, a King of Assyr!” he roared, the ground beneath him almost seeming to reverberate as he spoke.

The orange-eyed male stepped back further from the pale female Diardi, his lips still curled brow furrowed as he glared at the female, “Clear your head and look at me! I am not your deceased mate, your cubs are safe from me… but if you attack me again I cannot promise they will continue to be!” he snapped at her, the anger clear in his eyes as he waited to see what her next action would be. Izel was not one to be angered easily and though he understood the female was in pain and he had an idea of why, he would not tolerate someone attacking him like that. Surely she would realize he was real now that she had felt her claws sink into flesh and hopefully she would think of the cubs that he had now also mentioned and at least take a moment to think of what was best for them.

( @Juno )

Male x Diardi x 4 years x Single x Assyr King
    62" x 350 lbs. || Biography

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    9 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Grief was a terrible infection that could rot ones mind, heart and soul if the animal let it. It was trying to rot Juno's as she found herself trapped in a pit of grief and rage. She was not there on the fields of a sunny day with nothing but clear blue and beautiful skies, she was trapped in that horrible thunderstorm as the lands flooded seemingly without end and in some kind of rage from nature itself. But flickers of reality were breaking through slowly as Izel stood up to her and her sudden madness. Claws barely scratched the males skin, more so took tuffs of fur and mane than anything else except for the poor brutes face which would make her feel guilty later when she finally returned to her senses. It was the cry of pain that really broke through to her as sharp teeth sank into her neck before she could think of trying to move again. This male was strong, beautiful and strong - so much like her sweet loving Kaspien.

She was flung to the ground before she knew it and she slid in a partial circle in the dirt with a gasping yowl of indignation. She froze there as she lay on her side looking up at what she now realized was a stranger. A King of this territory. A territory she had so foolishly invaded in her mad dash to catch her next meal. Slowly her head lifted to glance at the prey laying on the ground now forgotten about. Then she slowly looked up at Izel with heavily lidded eyes that blinked slowly. She was out of breath, panting to cool herself down. Swallowing hard her head fell back to the ground and she sighed at last, a deep exhale. "Oh my stars...Oh my sweet, Kaspien..." She murmured to herself as tear heavy eyes closed. "Where have you gone my love? Why did you leave me alone..." She breathed, a sob wrecked her as she slowly turned onto her stomach, head kept low and tail tucked against her side as she opened her eyes. Now shame lay within her grey orbs.

Her ears swiveled back, her claws finally sheathed as she shifted there on the ground. Lying on her belly made it painfully clear just how close she was to giving birth as opposed to when she was standing. "Please, Izel. King of Assyr...Forgive my blatant disrespect and intrusion...I...I am not well..." She murmured in her honesty, her gazing having gone down to his white paws. It was hard to lay like this and she shifted on her paws only to move back from the male a bit. "Please, take the doe. As my apology..." Juno slowly lifted her eyes to peek at the males gaze although she flinched when she did so and looked down and away once more. "I hope...I did not hurt you." She growled softly, disgusted with herself as her tail lashed across the ground for a moment then still where it lay. "I am grateful, for your mercy." Juno hoped this male would let her leave in one piece and would not just take her as a slave to his pride. Her birth pride had not had slaves, but she's heard of some who did.

( @Izel )