Welcome to Drift!

This section will contain our news, announcements, staff info, faction info, and important links. It is currently Under Construction! Our site, however, is open for role-play. Come join our Discord and chat with us!

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

User Tag List

Thread: The Dawn of Assyr [Vox]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    0 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

The Dawn of Assyr [Vox]

Ajani woke heavily from sleep with blurry eyes. Licking his jowls he slowly looked around as he tried to remember where he was for a moment. He had given himself and tried to give Vox calm and peaceful dreams of running through a desert in the day and night comfortably together without tiring. That's right, Vox. He had mated the fire colored male. He looked down and watched as Vox slept. Mint and Izel were still asleep as well. He was tempted to go back to sleep since the sun was still newly born in the sky but his eyes could not leave Vox as he slept.

A sudden mischievous thought trickled into his mind and he chuckled lightly as his mind tried to reach for Vox's. He wanted to tease the male awake with thoughts from last night. Replaying their romp in Vox's dream he once again curled his tail with Vox's to see how long it would take for the male to wake up. He didn't remember himself ever being this perverse or so sexually driven but he didn't really care either. It was fun and Vox has awakened a piece of himself that was very keen on making itself known. He really shouldn't, not with Izel and Mint nearby but why not at the same time? It was a pleasant way to begin the day in his opinion.

The song of birds tickled his ears and distracted him. He found his head tilting back as he let loose a pitiful yawn that huffed a grunted growl. He let the sexual fantasies leave his mind and would see if they left Vox before waking him. Though he would be amused if the male did wake. He resigned himself to grooming Vox, awakening or not. His tongue swiped over the back of his companions neck. It was chilly for morning and the tree above them put them in the shade as Ajanj curled tighter around Vox for warmth. His eyes drifted partially closed during his grooming of Vox.

( @Vox )

Diardi | Male | 65 in | 400 lbs
    March 12th, 2015 | Biography

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    36 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Re: The Dawn of Assyr [Vox]

His dreams were pleasant, to say the least. Had he been consciously thinking - instead of allowing his dreams to take him away without resistance - he perhaps would have wondered if they were the cause of Ajani's powers. Was he giving the red male good dreams? Because his dreams were of the two of them, and he enjoyed them greatly. He purred softly in his sleep, leaning into the larger male and remaining curled comfortably until the sun slowly began to rise above the horizon. Slowly the sensation of a tongue along the fur of his mane and back, swiping down the lava colored coat over and over in a steady rhythm began to register in his tired brain. He squirmed ever so slightly, eyes still closed and body still curled up against the side of the teal male he had fallen asleep next to the night before. The previous day's events flooded back to him more quickly than he had prepared himself for, and he sighed softly as he stretched out gradually and caused his paws and tail to intertwine slightly with the other male's. Then, finally, his yellow eyes fluttered sleepily open. With an exaggerated yawn then ended in a soft roar and a half-crouching stretched, he eventually allowed himself to settle back in against the other male and let his own tongue swipe through Ajani's large teal mane.

"Good morning." He said softly, his voice husky from sleep as he focused his energies slightly to warm them both. The morning air held a slight chill, but he was certain that the heat of the summer in the plains would fall down upon them eventually as the hours of the day extended before them. "Did you sleep as well as I did?" He asked softly, his yellow gaze moving up to the orange one behind him. His companion was just as magnificent and handsome as he had been when his eyes had closed, and Vox allowed himself to admire and appreciate the creature that he remained cuddled up against while the sun slowly rose higher into the sky. Eventually, and almost grudgingly, his eyes drifted from the teal male over to the pair of diardi that had joined them shortly after their initial greeting. It seemed Izel and Mint had survived the night well enough, and he smiled slightly as he focused on the fact that he now had an official pride. The thought warmed him even more, and he wondered if Ajani could feel the heat emanating off of him in slow waves of excitement and pride.

Finally he did force himself to push up onto his paws, stretching slowly so that his legs extended over Ajani's legs and tail one at a time before the settled down so that he was standing beside the larger male. He butted his head gently against the other Diardi's mane and shoulder, purring softly and flicking his tufted tail as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the blatant display of affection. The night before had been wonderful, and though he was eager to repeat it, he knew that there were more official things to sort out. For one, the pride would need an official place to live where any offspring born would be easily protected from both predators and the weather. He supposed the Kaevoh Fields would have some rocky dens that would be suitable for them, but he wondered if they would find one large enough to fit the pride if it grew. They could choose separate ones, but he found himself longing to be near everyone, if only to ensure their safety. With a soft sigh he lifted his head once more, unable to resist the urge to let out another claiming roar over the land below them.

( @Ajani )

Diardi | Male | 63 in | 380 lbs
    January 24th, 2017 | Biography

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    0 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

It had been so pleasant to feel Vox leaning into him during his sleep, making Ajani proud of his abilities because at least now he realized that all his practice with helping people with grieving and with anxieties or depressions with his powers has paid off. He could bring other creatures peace with his imagination and compassion. He would love to share this knowledge with Vox, thinking in the back of his mind that it would probably bring much to the Pride or so he hoped at least. Wanting to contribute everything he could to this new home he's found, praying as well that maybe they could become strong enough to rescue his mother but those thoughts he pushed away. He hasn't even told Vox about himself and his past or predicament and he didn't want to any time soon. Too afraid that Vox may take his intentions into a different sort of consideration and he didn't' want the male to get the wrong idea. Or Izel and Mint for that matter whom he would never put in harms way if his life depended on it.

When Vox squirmed to his grooming, all Ajani could do was smile as he continued until his red companion was finally roused as the sun grew a bit older for the day. He liked how when Vox stretched, their paws and tails tangled together. He ceased his grooming and closed his eyes while giving Vox some time to himself. Not wanting to crowd him - but he didn't move either. No, he'd be staying close to Vox for awhile as he continued to claim him. His eyes opened with a flutter at that truth he announced to himself. Yes. He was claiming Vox and as he looked over at Mint and Izel he wondered what it would be like to claim those two as well. His head tilted for a moment but he let go of that trail for now, he found himself wanting to focus on Vox as he watched his newfound companion with joy bursting in his heart. There was a tingle down his spine as he recalled yesterday but he swished his tail an effort to ignore it. As much as he wanted a repeat of last night, he needed to see how Vox was feeling first. See if there was anything of importance he needed to discuss or do.

He gave a soft roar when Vox attempted one, a quiet claim out into the land as his fur was swiped with an affectionate kiss that made Ajani brim with happiness."Good morning, yourself - my little sunrise..." Ajani whispered and leaned in to swipe his tongue over one of Vox's brows. When heat flooded him from Vox, he began to purr as he closed his eyes for just a moment. Very tempted to go back to sleep even though he was wide awake and alert. "I love it when you do that..." Ajani mumbled truthfully and curled in on Vox to squeeze him to his frame. "I've slept the best I had ever in my life, because of you." Ajani purred and gave another swipe of his tongue against fur between Vox's brows. "I am glad that you slept well." Ajani was telling the truth as he took a moment to look into Vox's eyes. The adrenaline of forming their own pride was still pulsing in his blood. His eyes went to the other two when Vox did as they watched their pridemates sleep on. He grinned as the warm of Vox's heat grew. "You should be proud..." He whispered in one of Vox's ears.

When Vox brought himself to his feet, Ajani watched him stretch some more as his tail swept the ground. When he was rubbed against by a butting head, he stood and stretched next, being sure to bump against Vox every so often. When he was finished, their shoulders were pressed together and their hips when he shifted closer so their tails could intertwine. He listened to Vox's claim over their land and joined him a few moments afterwards so that his call led their morning chorus. Except this time, he took Vox's roar and spread it as far as his mind could so it registered thoughts as well as ears and he was sure to his empathy spread to Vox so he knew what he did. It was difficult and painful to do such a thing but he wasn't taking any chances and wanted all psychic wielding animals to know without a single shadow of a doubt in their mind that this territory was for Assyr only. When they finished he turned his head to look into Vox's eyes. He sighed softly with content as his thoughts drifted. "Could you carve a cave into this hill? With your fire and will to move things?" He asked curiously, raising a brow.

He's known creatures capable of quite a number of feats, and he just had a fondness for this hill that led him to asking that. "Do you want to look for a place to set up a den? Are we going to house the pride in one place, give everyone their own den? I have a few other ideas for the pride if you wish to discuss them this morning. I want to include Mint and Izel, but...I'm probably being selfish but I want us to start things out...Do you fault me for that?" He tilted his head so he could rest his chin atop of Vox's head for a moment. Eyes drifting over to Izel and Mint as the sunlight slowly began to make its way over to their spot. A great mighty yawn struck him and he tilted his head back before a grunted growl finished off the yawn and he shook out his thick heavy mane. He licked his jowls and a paw came up to rub at his muzzle while the corner of his eye he kept Vox in his gaze as he waited for him to say something. His heart skipped a beat somewhat in anticipation. Naturally, he's never done this before.

( @Vox )

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    36 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

Vox enjoyed the attention that the other male gave him, but when things moved to pride business he forced himself to focus. His eyes drifted to their surroundings as Ajani mentioned dens and the hill they stood on, and he sighed softly. "It seems like my abilities are stronger when it comes to heat, but I fear I might destroy more than I help if I were to use those on the hill." He said, frowning for a few moments before sighing softly. "I might be able to make the ground a bit easier to dig into, but even with the four of us we would only be able to carve out a den big enough for pregnant females, offspring, and a healer or two." He said, tilting his head slightly. The majority of the pride should be able to handle living and resting out in the open, especially with three males protecting the territory. Hopefully their pride would grow, especially before any potential competition came waltzing up to their borders.

"The three of us will be Kings, and if Mint wishes she will be a consort." He leaned in slightly and smirked as he spoke the next words in a whisper meant for Ajani alone. "I could be wrong, but something tells me that Izel might want her for himself." He swiped his tongue over the other male's mane quickly before he sighed and let his yellow eyes scan over the territory once more. "I have specific ranks in mind, but without more members there is little point to that at the moment." He said, lowering his hips into a sitting position and letting his tail flick and twitch lightly beside him on the ground. "I do not, however, have any ideas as to any festivals or traditions our pride should - or could - uphold." He said, finally bringing his eyes back to the teal male. "Do you have any ideas?" He let the words trail off as his gaze moved towards the other two pride members, knowing that they were likely to wake soon. Perhaps they had ideas or desires they wanted to express as well. Either way, he considered everyone present founding members of the pride and all worthy to have their ideas heard at the very least.

( @Ajani @Mint @Izel )

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    0 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

With his mind occupied on pleasant and exciting new things, Ajani was able to think more clearly about his goals and desires for Assyr. Taking a moment, he marveled at how fast life was moving for him. How easy it was to agree to form a new pride with not one but three complete strangers. It was strange, but a gift from life all the same to him as he sat there beside Vox, breathing in the morning air as the sun began to warm the earth once more. It was humorous to feel that he liked Vox's warmth more than the suns now. Just how dependent was he going to become of this male? His eyes returned to Vox's as ideas spun inside his mind. The idea of digging out a few dens wasn't such a bad idea to him but then again, there was no way of knowing how stable the caverns would be. "As fun as getting our claws dirty would be, I'm sure we can find an appropriate place for the pride's main resting place. This hill could be a special gathering place?" Ajani suggested before shifting his weight so he could lightly lean against Vox's side for affectionate attention-seeking. He couldn't help himself.

Ajani didn't argue to the idea of himself and the other two males being Kings. When Vox whispered about Mint in his ear, he chuckled. "Hmmm what would you say if I didn't want to share you with other males?" Ajani growled softly in Vox's ear with a grin that slightly showed his fangs. He silently nodded in agreement to their being no reason for other ranks without other members first. When Vox sat down he curled his tail with the other males. "I know of other Diardi out there who are alone, from my travels. Perhaps I could go on an expedition at some point, to bring them to their new home?" Ajani was willing to do anything to help others and to make Vox's dream for a healthy happy pride come true. When asked about traditions he found himself looking to the skies again. Smiling. 'For traditions, I have plenty of those. So many you might get sick of them." he laughed with a shake of his head. His creativity already brewing. [B]"I believe the naming of cubs should be a ceremony that is performed in front of the whole pride and celebrated."[b] Ajani mused, turning his head to lick Vox's cheek.

Pressing his forehead against Vox's cheek, he closed his eyes. "All pride members, young, old, everyone should sleep outside in a huddle beneath the full and new moon. To symbolize our strength as a pride during good and bad times - through the trial of changes. Which the new and full moon can represent." Ajani paused and gave a few swipe of his tongue against Vox's throat. A gruff purr began to emit from his chest. "Before I go on forever, how do you like my ideas so far?" Ajani's tongue swept over Vox's and then his cheek, next his ear. Ajani didn't want to get overzealous and make Vox feel overwhelmed. He also wanted the male to have a chance to share his input, plus a pause in conversation gave him an excuse to shower the male with affection. Wanting to focus on the pride or not, Ajani wasn't ready to cease showing Vox how much he appreciated him and his presence.

( @Vox )

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold
    36 (0 Banked)
    Mythril Pieces
    0 (0 Banked)

It was nice to sit beside the other male and talk about the future. They were just starting out, but they would be a strong and successful pride as long as he had Ajani and Izel at his side. He smiled as Ajani's tail twisted with his, and he sat there quietly for a few minutes while he listed to what the other diardi had in mind. They were good ideas and traditions, and he nodded his head lightly when his opinion was asked for. "I think that all sounds great." He said, smiling and butting his head lightly against the larger male's shoulder. "As for sharing, you might have to share me with Izel. But no one else, if that is alright with you? It seems like Izel might be more interested in Mint anyways." He said, the last bit whispered slightly as he leaned in a bit closer to the other feline. "A festival to celebrate togetherness sounds wonderful. And I do adore sleeping under the stars." He said, knowing that it was doubtful he would spend any of his nights in a den at all.

He liked sleeping out in the open, and with his abilities he did not have to worry about the cold. Plus, he had others to cuddle with for warmth if needed. He was no longer alone and it felt wonderful. He smiled at the other male, leaning slightly into him as his eyes wandered off over their territory while he waited to hear any more ideas that might come his way. Eventually Mint and Izel would join them as well, and their ideas would be welcome and considered too. But for now it was just the two of them, and Vox could not honestly say that he minded one bit.

(Sorry it's short, he truly has no ideas xD @Ajani )